I decided to write on this topic based on the frequent calls and messages i have been receiving from the public concerning how to clear error codes, check the subscription due dates, updating personal information and so on. The fact is that once you understand how to send these sms messages with your phone, it saves you a lot of stress, time and energy running around seeking solution and numbers to call.
SMS SHORT CODES:
- ZIMBABWE 33788
- ZANBIA 4333
- UGANDA 6060
- TANZANIA 15727
- NIGERIA 30333
- NAMIBIA 3788
- MOZAMBIQUE 93788
- MALAWI 53788
- LIBERIA 1270
- KENYA 22788
- GHANA 1779
- ETHIOPIA 8881
- BOTSWANA 1771
- ANGOLA 43788
- NIGERIA 4688
- GHANA 4688
- KENYA 22688
- UGANDA 6488
- MALAWI 54688
- MOZAMBIQUE 94688
- NAMIBIA 44688
- ZAMBIA 4688
So, use the above codes depending on your country of residence and note that standard rates apply.
SMS SHOT CODE MESSAGES
Now you can use your hand set to text these short codes messages and get your issues solved regarding your DStv or GOtv accounts.
NOTE: Always ensure that your decoder is switched ON, and that your SmartCard seats inside your decoder so that there will be fast signal communication between the decoder and IUC/SmartCard connected to a working satellite DStv dish or a GOtenna.
Explanation on texting these messages:
In your phone message area, type RESET give a space, type your IUC number and send it to your local area code.
Example ” RESET 1234567890 to 30333 “(Nigeria area code )
After sending the message, wait a while, you will receive a feed back message requesting you to confirm your sending by typing one (1), so, you should respond by typing 1 and send it again, then you will receive a final message saying ” Thank you” to show you that your message was sent correctly.
- To Clear Error Codes E16, E19, $ E32 ————————————- SMS the word “ RESET ” + IUC/SmartCard number to your local short code
- To Update your mobile number details ———————————————— SMS the word ” CELL ” + IUC/SmartCard number to your local short code
- To Determine your due date and due amount ————————————- SMS the word ” DUE ” + IUC/Smartcard number to your local short code
- To get information about payment vendors in your area ——————– SMS the word ” PAY ” to your local code, and a list of payment vendors will be sent to you.
- To update your Email address ——————————————————– SMS the word ” EMAIL ” + your email address + IUC/Smartcard number to your local short code
- To get confirmation of your last payment made ———————————- SMS the word ” PAYMENT ” + IUC/Smartcard number to your local short code
- To get confirmation of the products you have subscribed to ————–SMS the word ” PRODUCTS ” + IUC/Smartcard number to your local short code
- To get a list of installers near you —————————————————- SMS the word ” INSTALLER ” + City to your local short code
- For other services ————————————————- To get general information about DStv, SMS the word ” INFO ” to your local short code
USSD COUNTRY CODES
Likewise, you can use USSD codes to do almost the functions that the SMS short codes can do. This can be achieved by simply dialing the USSD code relevant for your country and follow the easy steps.
Here are the USSD codes assigned to some countries and work for both DStv and GOtv decoders.
- Nigeria DStv *288# ———————- GOtv *288*1#
- Ghana *759#
- Zambia *688#
- Namibia DStv *140*6688*2# ———-GOtv *142*6688*1#
- Uganda *206#
- Kenya *423#
- Mozambique *788#
- Malawi *570#
ENSURE YOU MASTER THESE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
Basically, the GOtv and DStv decoders operate at 12v DC and are connected to the mains supply using the power adapter unit, rated 100 – 240vac 50/60Hz. Always remember to connect the power adapter first to the decoder then to the mains supply. More so, when disconnecting the power, switch off the power at the wall, and remove the power cable from the wall socket, instead of removing the power supply from the decoder. It is recommended that the decoder is installed close to the wall socket, with the wall socket being easily reached.
CLEANING THE DECODER
Make sure before cleaning the DStv and GOtv HD decoders that you first switched off the decoder from the power supply. Use a dry cloth to clean the exterior only.
The DStv and GOtv HD decoders are good to be kept in a cool and dry room temperature so as to prolong the life span of the hard disk. Ensure that you do not block the ventilation holes and let the free airflow being maintained around the decoders. To have adequate ventilation of the decoders, make sure that there is at least 10cm of free space above and to the sides of the decoders. The decoder should not be use, or store near a heater or where it is exposed to direct sunlight. Do not place other electronic equipment on top of, or below the decoder.
LIQUIDS $ SPILLAGE
Keep liquids away from the DStv and GOtv HD decoders and do not place any material capable of spilling on top of the decoder like candles or liquid containers. Also avoid using the decoder in extreme humid or high temperature areas.
On no account should you attempt to repair the DStv or GOtv HD decoders yourself. Do not also remove the seal cover of the decoder because doing that would immediately invalidate the warranty. Always refer all servicing to your local MultiChoice office close to you.
Thank you for taking your time reading this article. If you like it please share to your friends.